For the OP, and anyone else I suppose.

One thing in skimming through this thread I did not see is discovering what was optimal for the OP.

Since there is no shortage of time before the OP has a chance to go, I would take a few guns out such as his .357, a Glock 10mm, a .44 mag, and whatever else he can acquire and do a side by side comparison. Shoot some drills on a timer.

Discover what he performs best with under pressure.

Just because you can shoot the prettiest group when doing bullseye style shooting with no time limits with a 1911 or Ruger Blackhawk does not mean it will be the gun you perform with when you need to make 4 or 5 hits with in under 3 seconds on a moving target.

A timer will help you in discovering what you are quicker with, including what holsters work with what clothing.

The Scandium 329 .44 may be ideal for packing around due to its ultra light weight, but the dismal shot to shot recovery time, as compared to a Model 629 could be eye opening. Same with single action revolvers versus doubles, versus a semi auto handgun in doing drills.

You might find that a Glock shooting 10mm or +P 45 heavy hardcast bullets is better (or worse) then an XYZ.

The only way to know is to go out run some drills with a timer, write down some info, be objective about it, compare and discover what works for you.

Cheers!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com