Based on observation, history and intuition I make the following prediction.
Over the next year we'll see people hunted down for being traitors to the crown...er.. country. the media will vilify said accused and paint them as the most horrible people imaginable, and people will be relieved they are gone. you'll hear things like "trumper" and "loyalist" and anything that makes that person sound polarized against what the propaganda ministry....er..media says. Meanwhile "trumpers" will continue to gather to protest peacefully, only to have "right wing extremists" escalate things in a manner similar to the Brown Shirts in the 1930's. this will force the Administration to reluctantly issue a marshal law (or similar) executive order to restore peace vilifying those horrible people who would stand in the way of peace and prosperity they have been promised. , it will be upheld by the kangaroo (my apologies to my Australian friends) court. anyone opposing this even vocally will be ridiculed online, in the papers and on the major news networks. over a time people will become so angry with people who think differently that they will be outraged at someone accused. The government will then hunt down the enemies of the state and eliminate them because they oppose the "will of the people". meanwhile there will be incentives to report your neighbors and friends who oppose the powers that be. It might be under the guise of " public safety" or similar that indicates the best interest of " we the people". this feeling of patriotism and doing the right thing will be replaced with fear. fear of being seen as "one of them" or an opposer to the state if you will. This will continue until anyone who thinks differently from the party in power is eliminated.
Those left will see they have enslaved themselves. History has proven it time and again, the bible prophesied it. George Washington had a vision showing this. Politics is nothing new, the result of political corruption is well documented, one only need to look. Don't be a pawn, educate yourself. Please, for the sake of everyone.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.