Originally Posted by Northman
Seems some stock types have disappeared from their webpage.

The Anschutz 1700 FWT stock I was planning to buy, is no longer on their website.
I was there in December.

I called McMillan and will pass on this information.

The less popular offerings such as the Anschutz 1700 FWT stock are being discontinued. The reason I was told is due to the inletting process. It takes time to set up the machinery and it slows the production process to set up the machinery just for one or two stocks. This makes sense if you have many stock orders of different makes with custom options, the not so popular stocks are going to slow production down for the rest of the orders. I did personally see a photo of a recent stock order that was completed in just over 2 months with other testimonials of custom stock orders completed about the same.

They are undergoing changes, seems one of the main complaints was the long wait times. This was due to the many different stocks and the CNC inletting process McMillan has offered trying to cover a wide customer base. The person did tell me the more popular lines of stocks will see shorter wait times and that seems to be the case.

And before you all pile on with your rants ask yourself how you would do it not having any experience building quality rifle stocks in a production setting?

If your not happy with the changes McMillan is making then move on, go buy a Manners, B&C, AG or whatever. Nobody is forcing you to choose McMillan.