Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
McMillan has been claiming shorter wait times for 15 years, lol. It never happened, you just have to plan 6 months ahead.

Originally Posted by beretzs
Man, they are shipping stocks fast right now. I ordered two on Dec 4 and had them both by New Years. Never seen them shipped so quick.

Dogcatcher,

McMillan's reps have always been up front on their long wait times if you placed a custom order in the past. They do seem to be shortening wait times on certain orders. To be fair, certain Manners stocks took just as long if you check other forums. It just all depends on the order. I'll gladly wait a few extra months for a quality rifle stock. Try placing an order for a custom wood stock from a custom gunsmith and see how long you wait.

From their website on March 2, 2009:

18. How long will it take to get my stock?
We keep an assortment of hunting and sporting stocks on the shelf for those customers that want a standard stock without having to wait to have it made. They are all drop-in stocks, always painted black with Pachmayr Presentation pads at 13.5" LOP and Uncle Mike sling swivel studs. For custom, made to order stocks, delivery time varies depending on the number of orders we are working on at the time. Our customer service reps will give an honest estimate of how long your order will take to complete.

19. Why does it take so long to get a stock?
We offer each customer the ability to custom order your stock, including choice of finishes, recoil pads, adjustable cheekpieces, adjustable butt plates, and custom barrel channels. Each stock is ordered, produced, inletted, finished and delivered according to a specific order from an individual customer. It takes time to produce a custom product to the standards our customers and we have established." Source