Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by deflave
Is it pretty light? Can you load it in a pickup easily?

It weighs 294. It's not too difficult to unload out of the bed, but it is a bit of a challenge to get into the bed unless I can take advantage of an incline to reduce the angle. I am exploring those hitch mounted motorcycle carriers. That way I could put two kayaks on the ladder rack, two bicycles in the bed and the scooter on the carrier. We are going to take a vacation to Weeki Wachee Springs in April, so I'll have my load plan figured out by then. This thing isn't like the Ruckus. If the Ruckus falls over there's really not much to scratch or break. This ADV 150 is loaded with plastic. Dropping it off a ramp could be expensive.

I got the hitch mounted carrier with the longest ramp I could find at the time.
Your little scooter probably don't have all that much clearance so be sure and get a long ramped one.

I've loaded my DR200 Susuki by myself probably 25 or 30 times now and haven't scratched it yet.
I've had everything that could go wrong happen, I walk along side of the bike and power it up the ramp, it's funky when it's wet.

You gotta throw the power to it to trip the front tire chock, gotta have one with the locking tire chock. Once the tire drops into the locking chock it holds it's own well enough to tie down, absolute must have feature.
Problem with my bike is it's just long enough that the rear tire is at the very top of the ramp exactly when the front tire is climbing the chock, that can be a little tricky, I've had the ramp spit out at the last minute while I was powering over the pivoting chock. that's a really fun problem to correct by yourself.

Finding that helpful grade for loading isn't so hard to do. Get lucky and you can even find enough grade to load it "down hill", that's really cool until the back tire misses the ramp and your pushing it backwards uphill to realign.

All things said, the bike and I have survived every loading attempt unharmed.

If I had to start over, I'd buy the carrier I have now again.
My 1 1/2 ton RV might sit a bit higher than your truck but I'm sure you'll have the opportunity to enjoy similar experiences as I with your carrier.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Black Widow MCC600
[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]