Originally Posted by readonly
Paypal merchant accounts are set up so the seller always pays the paypal fee. So Paypal should always be refunding 100% to your card, because the merchant has already paid the fee.
And also, the numbers you gave show a paypal fee of 3x what paypal charges for a tranaction, which is less than 3%.

Not trying to argue over this but you still haven't really answered my question. How can I receive, in my Paypal transaction log, a full refund from the merchant. The full amount is in my Paypal inbox +$1234 refund from merchant. Then it wasn't until I got an email from the credit card company that I got a refund, that I see it is $113 less than that. No fees or documentation of any kind in my Paypal transaction list. None. To me, it seems that once that full +$1234 shows up in my Paypal account from the merchant, they are done. From that point on it's Paypal to the credit card company.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.