Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I have been taking payments through paypal for years. They sent a letter about the refunds, about 1 year ago. What it amounts to is that if the seller issues a refund to the buyer paypal no longer refunds their part of the transaction. They used to. So if I sell something and want the customer to get a 100% refund I have to add the paypal amount. I will lose money by doing so. The seller you dealt with knows this too.

As Readonly said, that still doesn't explain the 9% "transaction fee" they skimmed. As others have said, I'm calling the credit card company's fraud department tomorrow, Maybe if I'm enough of a pain in their ass, maybe they will just credit me to go away, and then I'll just cancel my friggin account.

Did they maybe charge their transaction fee both ways? 4.5% on the purchase and 4.5% on the refund? No matter what it’s total bullshit and a way to rip the customer off.

Throughout the years as new technology or online service providers came along I usually waited (if possible) to evaluate whether I needed them or not, usually I didn’t. Finding an alternative was not usually a problem and often the only thing sacrificed was convenience and maybe a little time. I was used to doing it the old school way and since I hadn't switched to the easier way new school method I didn’t know what I was missing.....ignorance is bliss 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~