Originally Posted by burrinho
His response, or lack of one, to COVID was a failure. That will overshadow everything else, except January 6th. In twenty years no one will admit they voted for him.

You’re fullashit. On COVID he did the best anyone could have done with what he had to work with. The “experts” he called on are pretty much still fullashit. All the blather about masks is just that. There is not one speck of analytical research showing the method and material used with masks today is in any way sufficient to block virus cells coming or going. Bogus. Totally. Just before my wife retired from nursing in November a local pulmonologist while in her office for respiratory day noted the cute little blue spittle blockers sitting about here and there in dispenser boxes. His comment, “Get those out of here. They’re worthless.” Not politically correct but completely accurate, as far as the spread of viral infection goes. Just as foolish has been the shutdown of our economy while frantically searching for a Silver Bullet Vaccine for a new version of a VIRUS that has a survival rate of over 99.95%. Really. The experts used it for just another anti-Trump tool. There is not and will not be such a tool. A vaccine will eventually emerge and will require upgrading regularly as the virus mutates. Nature of the beast. So far the scare, er sqooze me, the cure has been much worse than the disease.

You’re drinking the CNN Kool Aid on January 6. That was a peaceful protest, or would have been if they’d just burned a building or two. These, except for the ANTIFAssholes and BLM, were Patriots putting Congress on notice the scam didn’t fly. “The fix was in and we know it. We come loud but unarmed. We didn’t have to. We can take this place over should it be required”. There were enough Patriots there to EAT The House of Lords had they desired. As it was all the “riot damage” was cleaned up the next morning. Sad the LEO was killed by antifa but that’s what happened. Sad the LEO face punched the protestor off the top of a 30 ft wall. That was probably one of the dead citizens. Sad a known BLM rioter helped get Ashli Babbit up into the broken window so she could be murdered by a trigger happy Court Guard when she was a threat to no one. This with other LEO in the midst of the “trespassers”, for that was their worst offense. In 20 years I will still be beholden to DJT for pizzing in the Demoroids hot tub, for showing there are still some who will call lies lies, for encouraging America First, and for doing a dirty job against dirty Republicrats and Demoroids alike. I have no idea how many fronts his war for freedom actually had.

So yes I will remember him positively and fondly even though I do not care for him personally. And I will remember January 6 as the day we started.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."