The virus is pandemic today today because governments didn't have the balls to stop flights to their respective countries from China or, later on, from Italy or Iran.Later yet, they didn't have the balls to say, "If you fly in, you will quarantine in that handy dandy stockade you see here, for 15 days. You won't have to worry about that though because nobody will be flying."
Even now, with the certain knowledge that the virus travels just fine on a plane, people are allowed to travel into various countries as long as they do so by air. That's right; they can gather together in airports, stand in line ups, get crammed into a flying incubator, and we'll welcome them with open arms. They cannot, however, travel in a car, isolated from their fellow travellers. Honest to God, when I turn on the TV, I could easily be convinced people had agreed on a lobotomy as a way to control the spread. The sad thing is, in this particular instance, TV is truly reflective of society in general.
In a nearby village, there are two women who, for years, have walked around the block together while talking about whatever inanities old women might talk about. They still walk around the block but now, in the name of social distancing, they walk on opposite side of the road. Now, there is very little possibility that either of these old cluckers has the virus. If they did, we would know because they would likely kick the bucket. Nonetheless, they no longer walk side by side because they've been led to believe that maintaining some distance will keep them safe.
I hasten to add; if you maintain distance from people you don't know, it makes sense. Most people aren't that likable anyway. Wearing a mask is something you can do to provide yourself and others with a false sense of security when you are too dumb to stay apart; like when you fly on a plane or march in a riot. They also help to protect your identity when you burn down the local Toys R Us because Barbie dolls objectify women. GD