Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Any "mask" that is dense enough to stop a virus, also won't let enough air through for you to live on.

About Jr. High, we learned a virus is so small it can pass through an unglazed China plate.

Trying to stop a virus with any face mask you can breathe through is like putting a screen door on a submarine.

The virus needs to be on something you breathe out to move around. Hence droplet precautions working.

Again, how can I use VAPOR filters in my shop to weld galvanized if we don't have masks that stop droplet or airborne?

😂

If you go into a store and grab a good to buy that half a dozen people touched before you, it doesn't matter how many masks you're wearing. If you go into a restaurant and sit at a table where a dozen people sat earlier that same day, it doesn't matter if you have a helmet with a respirator on. There is no way to prevent the spread of a virus in the globally conjoined world we live in today. All of these measures are bullshit. Every single one of them does literally nothing. That isn't what they are for. They are for exactly what they are doing: destroying small business, weakening the economy, putting people in a state of fear and distrust of their fellow man (seeing each other as "dirty"), getting people to submit to utterly tyrannical mandates against their own interests, and simply getting people to comply with nonsense policies. It's all about control. And it is working well. To the point that people discard reason in favor of fear.

I don't think stuff should have closed, other than situationally hospitals to elective procedures dependent on ICU bed availability. We've had to stop elective procedures for maybe 3.5-4 weeks total in the last 11 months.

The other thing is masks don't do much if you touch your face, especially without washing your hands.

Proper hand washing is #1. Don't touch your face until you wash your hands.

I get that people are pissed about the control BS, I know I am. But acting like masks do nothing is no less retarded than closing down some businesses while leaving huge box stores open.

FWIW, I've said since day one that everything should be open, and let people self isolate if they are high risk or scared.