Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
In full disclosure I post this.
I recently sold a Leupold scope to a fellow CampFirer here on.
The scope was a gloss Leupold 3x9 with adjustable objective. The scope had come to me on a Rifle and I replaced said scope before ever using it.
The scope sat with me for some time (years) until I saw our fellow CampFirer wanted one of these.
We settled on a price and off went the scope to the fellow CampFirer.
Once to him he discovered a problem with one of the windage adjustments and notified me immediately.
I sent back the fellow CampFirers monies PLUS an additional $20.00 for his time and trouble.
When I got the scope back I saw what his complaint was about and immediately (and for the first time in my life!) sent the scope to Leupold & Stevens Company enclosing with the scope the handy downloadable page for information on the scopes problem and my shipping information.
Well this morning the Leupold people sent me an E-mail saying the scope would be repaired and giving the time frame to it being returned to me (within 5 weeks of its receipt last week).
I was hoping the Leupold folks would elaborate on what was wrong /what happened with this scopes adjuster (feels locked up) so I could relay it to the CampFire but they did not - maybe it will be explained with the scopes return?
If so I will let you all know.
So after way more that half a centuries worth of using Leupold scopes (way more than 100 of these!), binoculars, spotting scopes and compass's I have experienced my first "failure".
Long live Leupold & Stevens - a fine American company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

While I'm a Leupold fan, if you've had north of 100 Leupold scopes and have never needed to send one in prior to this, you're either the luckiest bastid on earth or varmintmouth shoots off a hell of a lot more than varmintrifles.

!!!!!!!
#!!!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D