This is obviously a bit late to chime in but since people were talking about sights for Norwegian Krags, I got lucky a few years ago and was able to buy a Krag "sniper" receiver sight from a seller in Norway on Ebay. It was designed to fit perfectly behind the bolt handle and a local gunsmith that is great at metal work mounted it like it was factory installed. He also removed the military folding rear. The sight is adjustable for windage and elevation like a Lyman 48 but what was really unique is the aperture is adjustable via a rotating button with four different diameters. The widest is still a bit narrow for deer hunting in the thickets of northern of Wisconsin.

The gun has a military stock with the top handguard removed before I got it, great "tiger" figuring, is light and handing. I have been using federal ammo with 140 gr spitzers because it has been so available for a reasonable price at the local farm & fleet, However, I am interested in handloading for it going forward, so does anyone of.264 round nose bullets other than from Hawk bullets currently available?

Last edited by KragLarsen; 02/05/21. Reason: omitted word