Will also note that like a lot of others here, I like Hornady Interlocks a lot. In fact, liked Hornady Spire Points a lot even before the Interlock ring was introduced. Killed a pile of deer with the 150-grain from the .270 Winchester, started at around 2900 fps, and only recovered one, which broke both shoulders and the spine on a medium-sized whitetail buck at around 200 yards. Found the core in the jacket, but loose, under the hide of the far shoulder.

Another exited a huge mule deer buck, shot in the middle of the chest as it faced me. The deer was uphill on a mountainside, and the bullet broke the spine at rear of the ribs before exiting. The buck weighed 232 pounds field-dressed after hanging for a week.

Dunno how many animals Eileen and I have killed with Interlocks, but they've ranged from pronghorn-size to elk-size. The bullets included the 100-grain .25, 129 6.5, 130 .270, 139 7mm, 165 .30 and 225 .338, and the only one started down near 2700 was the 225 .338, at 2800 fps. The rest started at 2900-3150, and all worked very well. The only three I can remember recovering were a 100-grain .25 that broke the neck of a mule deer buck at close range, the 139 from a .280 Remington that killed my first caribou (a broadside shot at 200 yards), and a 225 .338 that killed a big whitetail buck with a shot angled from the rear of the left ribs into the right shoulder. They all mushroomed back to the Interlock ring.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck