Originally Posted by TheKid
Am I the only one who’s had terrible luck with Corelokts? Only ones I’ve used much were the 140 6.5 in factory 260 ammo and the 130 270 but both were terrible. The 6.5s gave terrible penetration and massive cratering wounds. The 270s weren’t much better though not as bad.

Every time I read someone extolling the virtues of the Corelokt I think back to those experiences. I know MD has said the RNs were tougher but my narrow experience with the pointed ones was awful.

for around 10 - 15 years i helped a friend with his Wild Game Processing business back around late 80`s tell around early 90`s for first 10 days of deer and antelope season,we even got i whole carcass`s of buffalo,elk,moose and a bear once in a while .during those 10 days we processed 300 plus animals in those 1st 10 days and for the whole season Owen at his meat shop did over 700 animals every year. it was at Gillette,Wyoming for my friend Owen Heins and his wife "Willie ". i also every mourning caped many game animals too. my deal was i stayed there in the house with them ,ate there ,worked many hours sometimes tell 3 a.m. but Owen always had cold beer for us all and meat sticks too. those were some good times and i learned plenty about bullets,rifles,scopes and even knives used for hunting on big game animals. Nosler company guys came there,Hornady too ,plenty regular guys like me used their own handloads,some hunters used Remington CoreLokt ammo too. i always asked all hunters what rifles,scopes, bullets and cartridges they used most told me in great detail about there hunts. very few hunters had much good to say about Corelokt bullets and i also seen after i took the hide off that animal that sometimes bullets that failed on animals,that animal was shot again and again was kinda a mess too many of these shot up game animals were shot with Corelokt bullets. after a few years of seeing what happened with a poorer bullet i switch to Nosler Partitions for reloading, i got given to me 100 Gr. Nosler Partition bullets for my 257 Weatherby Mag.from another dear friend Jonny Bell and i never had a failure with this great bullet ,,myself in those years i shot and ate around 10 big game animals a year, my kids loved antelope and deer meat. i alway kinda wondered why did some Corelokt bullets fail but some worked fine i guess what has been posted on this site explains the reason about these Corelokt bullets.Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman