Assuming anything at all from a website can misleading...TOTALLY depends on who designed it and wrote the script...

If I put up a website with my name on it, it reflects upon me personally, no matter who designed it.

Birdwatcher, have you ever taken a formal class on pistol shooting from one of the top folks in the country...like Gunsite, LFI, Thunder Ranch, Chapman, Barnhart, Leatham, or any of the rest? It is intense, competitive and informative

No of course not... grin

...but I expect all those things are true, and I would probably enjoy it enormously...

...not for those looking for anything free, who want it given to them, or are concerned about how the website is written...

Why on earth not? What Mr Wenger presents is true and carefully written, and potentially of enormous value to the reader, ESPECIALLY a newbie like Jim's brother. Ergo Jim, an old salt himself, can still use it by referring others to it.

Gunsite OTOH, is selling a product, their website reflects that.

Look at the opening page of the Gunsite website, a row of guys in neatly pressed new cammy's, and a sum total of maybe $15,000 or more of M-16 clones, then browse through their website to see more on that theme.

The Gunsite website is aimed at the sort of guys who can take time off to travel halfway across the country and go first class all the way. I'll bet there are more than a few shiny new RV's in their parking lot.

That being said, none of the above implies that Gunsite ain't selling a good product.

Mr Wenger's site OTOH, seems aimed more at guys like me grin

Point of comparison, for the basic Arizona CCW class....

Gunsite... $100 1 day, for classes that "more than satisfy the Arizona 8 hour requirement...."

Wenger... $75. Two days. Maximum of 2 students per range session, $25 discount for each additional family member (same household) . "My Arizona Concealed Weapon Permit course has always exceeded the state mandate. I will continue to offer a two-day course even though the statutory mandate has dropped to eight hours. The first day's lecture portion should run around ten hours, depending on the number of questions the students have during the lecture. The second session, which includes the live fire training and mandatory testing, lasts about eight hours."
"While the CWP course is not primarily a shooting course, the range session includes some diagnostics, coaching on fundamentals and a strong tactical emphasis in those shooting exercises which are included. These include shooting from a protected-gun position at arm's length from the threat, one-handed shooting and shooting after having moved to standing and kneeling positions behind cover. One aspect of the tactical emphasis is the combination of movement and communication with shooting."

...I'll bet Jeff would have approved, although doubtless, commenting in his Royal "we", he would'a nitpicked some of the details.. wink

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744