For those without regular access to a computer, a small paperback edition of STL is available from Paladin Press. IIRC, I got mine through Amazon, and have read it, or at least most parts of it, frequently, as it is of a handy size to take along in a pocket to such places as courthouses, where I have to kill much time and cannot be using a computer. (I wear a big-city police badge.) Someone here mentioned a few posts back the big-bore sixgun, and notably, STL indicates the big-bore snubby being a good weapon for the plainclothed man, as opposed to the uniformed police/soldier. In reference to autoloaders with no safeties, I do seem to recall the Late GREAT Jim Cirillo adopting a DAO auto in .40 at some point in his life; not sure how long he stayed with the concept, but I am totally happy with my duty SIG P229 DAK in .40 short and wimpy, though I have a slight preference for full-power .357 sixguns when on my own time, due to elephant-watching experience. (Borrowing the "elephant" term from Col. Cooper.) And, I will confirm that Chinese members of the Shanghai Municipal Police were issued Colt autos in .380, based on reading several sources.

Last edited by Rexster; 08/01/07. Reason: typo