Originally Posted by David_Walter
My old National Guard unit had three people with Silver Stars, one person had two. They were all TACPs - Tactical Air Control Party, and had spent a number of deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan.

To a man, they came home from deployment and put lights and green lasers on their personal weapons. Each stated emphatically that at one point in the firefight, the fact that they could target and fire not using the iron sights or the red dot was a deciding factor in surviving. Dark room, bad guys, green dot, boom.

I don't need to be in a firefight with a bunch of ISIS guys to learn the lessons of others.

I still practice with my back up iron sights, but have white lights, most of which can pulse, and green lasers on my personal defense weapons.

Gear is cheap, surgery, not so much.

Edited to add: most have pressure switch activation, so there is a light and a green dot when I need/want one, and not when I don't want to be a flashlight in the dark.

Gotcha, thanks

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?