I’ll be stupid and give a little more input.

The tritium front post is not bright enough to get fast accurate hits in the dark unless it’s so dark you can’t see your hand in front of your face. I’ve tried Trijicon and XS, both made me focus on the sight, then double check my center, then the target, then back to the sight and then shoot. If there was any ambient light around me, the tritium was worthless. Talk about getting centered with a scope or a prism sight, that peep sight is a lot smaller to get behind.

Given the perfect scenario I’m sure someone could make a case for them but there are much better options.

The best choice is always gonna be a red dot. Always. I just sold my EOTech yesterday and will probably replace it with another Aimpoint. Either one of these will serve you well in your shooter in the dark scenario. Some, most of the cheaper red dots will be visible from the front. One reason the EOTech and Aimpoints cost more.

Now regular irons and a light work better for me in the dark than they do in the daylight. They stand out bolder and in focus with the light in front of them. But don’t blow your top because I mentioned a light. Just trying to expand on what lillysdad said. Shooting in the dark without a light for me would be red dot followed by a good LPVO that gathers light. I wouldn’t even consider rigging up irons alone on purpose.

We have some good people here that share info trying to help. Sometimes things get lost in the translation but there’s no need to twist off, it’s just the internet. Heck me and lillysdad had a difference of opinion just the other day. It wasn’t a big deal, he has his experience and I have mine. I’m only about an hour away from him, I guess I could’ve drove over and showed him where he was wrong but different aspects help you see past yourself. Quit taking stuff personal, it’ll be a lot more fun.