Originally Posted by aalf

I bought a 2X Wraith a month or 2 ago. Took it out several nights to test it out, and decided if I was going to need a different light, I might as well jump in with both feet & put the coin into a thermal instead. One of those nights it was below freezing, and the eyepiece fogged over, rendering it useless. How the hell are you supposed to kill something while set up calling coyotes, scanning for incoming, and it fogs up? The answer I guess is to drop a couple more grand for a dedicated scanner..... cry

Most research seemed to show thermal is/was favored over NV. The Hogster 35 is on my radar, but I'm not sure if I want to do it this late in the season. Too bad hides weren't worth more around here to help the cause.....

Sometimes it's just temperature, humidity, etc. that fogs them up. Glass of any sort will.

I was using a handheld scanner last night, that I made up yesterday of my S. Hogster on an auxiliary battery and handle, and it was fogging up while scanning too. (Gonna start carrying a lens cloth now)

This is what was fogging...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!