The F1 cross is pretty predictable. A first generation golden doodle is pretty much the same where ever you look.

My son has a standard poodle x springer. He is a big furry white with black speckles mop, loves the water, loves the kids, and leaves gallons of water in his wake when he crawls out of the pond. He is hilarious. My son loves him as do the grandkids, But I would not have him around.

F2 crosses are where things get unpredictable, as you never know how many genes or which genes of each breed you will end up with.

My wife and daughter each bought respectively a female and a male (brother and sister) from a litter of "morkies". maltese X yorkie.

My wife's female appears to be about 80% maltese, while my daughter's male appears to be 80% yorkie. Typical of an F2 cross.

Yes, they could have just gone to the pound and picked any toy sized mutt, and saved $1500 apiece. But at least this way they are fairly assured there is not a damned pitbull in the ancestry anywhere.

Myself, our next and probably last dog is going to be a fine Golden from Ponderay Kennels. I will have to drive to Colorado to get him.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.