Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Good Morning BB.

As someone who does have an economic degree, and not from the University of Boston, let me try to address you concerns, along with some others expressed in this thread.

First, there is no Democrat plan to crash our economy. They are just to ignorant to understand their policy consequences.

Do I expect us to see real inflation. Yes.
Do I expect true hyperinflation to hit the U.S. No............................
A.S.: If you at present were 8% in oil, 14% in crypto, 22% in Precious metal, and 16% in cash with the rest scattered about in such as retail and tech what would you do now? Not depending on the money now or the future several years out. Planning on giving it to my heirs if nothing gets in the way. By the way, the crypto part started out very small and blossomed so I'm not into it with out of pocket money. This is self directed IRA. So I guess I'll be forced to use some of it in time.

Since this goes out to a broadcast audience, I'll address your questions how I see general macro trends. Biden will do everything he can to shut down new oil production in this country. There's not much he can do to shut in existing wells. This brake on the growth in domestic supply should impact prices and favor the large producers with existing well, who also have the ability to seek new sources outside the U.S. Warren Buffet must see this in a similar light based in his recent purchases of Chevron and Exxon.

Historically, Precious metals, specifically gold and silver prices correlate to the positive rate of change in interest rates. In other words, as interest rates increase rapidly, so do gold and silver prices. So I would expect the current fundamental conditions to favor Gold and Silver, but from a technical standpoint, neither chart looks good at the moment for the short to intermediate term trade.

As for crypto, over the long term I expect that vast majority of crypto currencies to go defunct and become worthless. This is not different than any other new asset class, but still, it's a good reason to proceed with caution.

Keep in mind I'm not saying all crypto will go under, not that money can't be made, but crypto's have their own under appreciate risk. Here's an example. Bit coin is constructed to has a theoretical maximum number of coins....ever. So what happened it it became too hard for miner to create new coins, and hence dollars, out of thin air? Bit coin "forked" and they created Bitcoin Cash. "It's not inflation, it's a whole new currency". In other words, the Bitcoin community created a whole new substitute product, neither of which have any underlying earnings, or generate any cashflows, etc. They are just a private fiat currency that consumes electricity, with 100% faith based price. So long as there's always a bigger fool, prices can continue to go up, until there are no more fools. At least tulip bulbs could be used to grow tulips which can be sold at a market, which was the basis for the tulip mania. With bitcoin, you can't even grow tulips.....

With that said, I have friends and coworkers who've made good money on Crypto's. They primarily stick to the established currencies on the established exchanges and trade them from a strictly technical standpoint based on the same chart patterns prevalent in stocks and futures trading. Some have done well staying on the bleeding edge of what's becoming the new "hot" currency just as they are taking off, but they do so knowing they are taking on significant risks generally for shot term gains.

As of today, I don't like either the current price point, or chart patterns for Bitcoin or Ether, and too many of the biggest fools I know, i.e. the shoe shine boy and tow truck driver types are asking me about them to be comfortable establishing a new positions. Of course you situation is different, so you'll have to take that into consideration.

Real-estate. Right now their two kinds of real-estate I don't want to be in. Office space and housing units support workers in dense office space environments. It appears to me the work from home trend is not going away. Companies are seeing workers remain productive from home, and are looking to cut office space costs. Some major Wall Street firms have announced they will let their employees work from anywhere in the country with a reliable internet connect. This is not good for demand for office space and housing units in places like NYC and San Francisco not retail space in those environments.

As for tech, it's the tech companies facilitating these trends, and demand for their products continue. Try to buy a CPU or Video card for a build right now. Good luck. Our local Microcenter has lines every morning for people looking for card and CPU's. They are almost as scarce as powder and primers.

I also expect people to continue spending more on their homes. If you spend more time in it, might as well make it better. Same goes Marxist policies continue to adversely impact home building. If you can't buy new, got to fix up what you already have....or at least as much as you can with lumber prices at record highs.

Those are a few of my thoughts on the subject. I'm open to well though out contrary views. These are complex subjects with a lot of moving pieces.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell