Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Ain't no re-negotiation. Take it or leave it.

When I'm the seller, I'll do my best to send pics of anything and everything the buyer wants to see. Additionally, I do my best to show any damage whether it's ring marks on a scope, dents/dings/scratches on a stock, etc. I then make it known usually in the original ad and certainly via PM or phone call:

If you buy something from me and aren't happy, send it back on your own dime and I'll send your $$ back once the item is back in my hands in reasonably the same condition as I sent it. No questions asked and no hard feelings, just didn't meet your needs for whatever reason.

I'll often also have the buyer choose the shipper USPS, UPS, or Fed-Ex.

I don't generally negotiate pricing after the fact. I'd be open to discussing something I'd missed that was broken/cracked/non-funcitonal but it'd have to pass my own "sniff test".

As a buyer, I have asked for adjustments upon receipt of an item. The 1st was a Savage 99 that had a couple of cracks in the tang. I should've known to ask for more detailed pics. The seller said it wasn't cracked when I bought it despite me sending detailed pics showing cracks with obvious age, not fresh cracks. Then the seller said I'd bought under market price anyway and there would be no adjustments and no refund. Live and learn.

The 2nd was a SxS Shotgun that arrived with a faulty ejector. I found it shortly after receiving the shotgun, PM'd the seller and he offered to pay for the repair, which he did no questions asked and no hard feelings.

Last edited by horse1; 02/27/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.