I had guys do that frequently enough that my reply was short and succinct. It quoted the stated return policy that included a 3 day no fault inspection guarantee and finished with send it back. When they continued to try to Jew me down I simply replied “Send it back”. They didn’t get any satisfaction from my attitude one way or the other. I didn’t indulge their desire for an online pen pal The buyer had 3 days from when he took possession to return it for a full refund, it wasn’t a 3 day reverse auction or mediation. The buyer was responsible for shipping it back to us. As soon as I received it back into the log book I immediately refunded the money. Most times they paid by credit card so it was simple.

Very, very, very few ever sent it back. I knew that barring damage in shipment the item was better than described. One time I sold a beautiful old Citori that had a hidden imperfection and I felt that I should’ve known about it and it was NOT as described and that was my fault. I refunded his entire cost including shipping and transfer fee he incurred on his end. My reputation is worth far more than any profit I might make on a sale so if I ever questioned myself I erred on the side of the customer.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~