Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DrDeath
A seller has an ad for items for sale with pictures and description...a buyer agrees to purchase these items. Once the buyer get these items he wants to renegotiate the price because he doesn’t believe the description was correct. So the seller says no renegotiating - just send the items back for a full refund.

The buyer says no. You send me my refund 1st. Then I’ll send your items.

What is the correct way to close this non sense. The seller even suggested send the items back with tracking and signature and the refund can even be PayPal so it’s instantaneous.

What’s the correct way? To settle this.

I think I’m with Alvah on this.

I bought a rifle off of Gunbroker. The seller, a guy presumably named Alan Bunn, sent me the wrong rifle. Supposed to be blued with a threaded barrel. He sent a non-threaded stainless rifle. I took pictures and sent the pics to him.. he wanted me to send the rifle back to him so he could verify it was the wrong rifle.....told him no, send me the correct rifle... (and he still had an active listing for the correct rifle.)...... and btw, you owe 50 bucks for all the extra cost of shipping and ffl fees. He was adamant that I send the rifle to him first.... nope, told him he was already shifty and then he would have the rifle as well as my payment.

So, I left him an “F” rating and sold the stainless rifle.

Sometimes there isn’t much satisfaction to be gained.

GB can be a crap shoot. If the pictures aren't clear, I don't buy, since GB won't do anything to help the buyer if there is a dispute between a buyer and a seller. I bought a Savage 170 for a kid in VT a few years back from a pawn shop in Gadsden, AL, that had a rust spot in the barrel about 4" from the muzzle. I had specifically asked about the condition of the bore and received an email reporting that it was in excellent condition. When I received the rifle that bore was so dirty that it was clear that the seller never looked at the bore. He wouldn't take it back, so I filed a complaint with the BBB and the seller responded by contacting GB to get me banned from the site. Neither BBB, nor GB, did anything.