That's pretty interesting, Mule Deer. I had heard about the Bison before but it must have escaped my mind earlier. I guess the handling of such issues is just different in different places. Heh, you show some of my hunting colleagues here a slightly enlarged spleen and you'll see them running for their lives. Game meat hygene is written with a capital G here (even when not needed) and we even have dedicated places to get our boar meat checked for trichinosis. You might have heard of this African Swine Flu thing that's starting to be a problem here and everyone is running rampant about it. But yes, feeding will definetely make populations explode. Over here where the boars mainly occupy oak and beech forests you can really see the correlation between a good year for the trees and a population spike in the boars. In a lot of places in Germany you actually have to take care that your deer feeder is inaccessible to boars. And at least we have had pretty cold winters in the past which also make up a big percentage of boar mortality. Can't imagine how bad it is when they breed twice a year and have mild winters.

They don't make 'em like they used to

Don't tread on me

Nothing runs like a Deere