Originally Posted by Dinny
This has actually been entertaining. Seems like the usual classifieds cowboys are jealous and just trying to reduce their competition. Why else would you highlight or dispute my success at losing 15%?

Yes, you read that right, a 15% loss. I would have broke even but I made a mistake on the 7mm 140gr NBTs. I bought them in 100ct boxes and sold the first 19 boxes for $30ea. Then I was informed by someone that I was selling them too cheap. I raised the price to $50/100 after seeing Midway's price was $57/100.

Please help me wrap my mind around this "substantial profit" you speak of. You're doing just exactly what you and others advise against. You're assuming you know what someone paid. I bought almost all my bulk components during the Obama times and paid a premium for them.

I wanted to ensure I had plenty of ammo to maintain my shooting skills. I had learned the year before that my ability to engage enemy targets beyond 300m was below average. Medics don't get alot of range time so I made arrangements to shoot MY components during MY off time with MY rifles. I shot in just about every shooting competition I could get into. This investment paid off and I provided much more effective fire a few years later when I was deployed to Afghanistan. Unfortunately the blows to my head during that deployment stacked up with previous concussions and I couldn't maintain a competitive edge after I returned home. I have moved my stuff 3 more times since then and now that retirement is approved I no longer see the need to practice that much or move it again. If the powder doesn't sell, I'll fertilize the yard. If the bullets don't sell, I'll dump them in the swamp behind my house.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Thanks, Dinny

Had to google this:
In modern times, most combat medics carry a personal weapon, to be used to protect themselves and the wounded or sick in their care. ... When and if they use their arms offensively, they then sacrifice their protection under the Geneva Conventions.

How many times did you "ENGAGE" out to the above 300 yards with your sidearm then?

Tell us more about your profound career as a medic who bled for his brother man that they would be free to buy and sell on the Campfire (see another dumbass remark by Dinny in another thread).

Gemby,
Here is Dinny's original post selling the Sierra 69grn SMK's, notice the post was edited, REASON: "price adjustments"
The original price was $228.00 plus $15.00 for the ride.

WTS: Sierra 22cal Target Bullets #15737317 02/02/21
OPOffline
Dinny
Campfire Guide
D
Gloucester, VA
500ct Sierra 69gr SMK # 1380C $178 plus $15 for the ride - 3 boxes available

500ct Sierra 80gr SMK # 9390 $200 plus $15 for the ride - 5 boxes available

PAYPAL ONLY - no checks, farm animals, and especially no children!

Thanks, Dinny

Attached Files
IMG_20210202_19487.jpgIMG_20210202_28349.jpg
Last edited by Dinny; 02/02/21. Reason: price adjustments
Medics bury their mistakes..

PS: Dinny, you are not the only one who served...............................but then you did take that "HYPOCRITE" oath, right?

Last edited by Sharps1874; 03/05/21.