Originally Posted by sidepass
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Had a half blind TIA couple of months ago. Vision returned after three days.

I too had a TIA a couple months ago. Vision went to chit cooking dinner and asked wife for a hand, I laid down and she secured things then came in the room and said "in my car or 911" into her car and off to ER. 24 hrs a CT scan ,MRI , Echo cardiogram ,Carotid ultrasound and lots of Heparin later no bleed or other damage. Lecture about my daily aspirin and upping my cardio daily.

That's exactly why I didn't go to the ER. Knew they'd order every test know to man and those test would not change the outcome. I've had 3-4 TIAs during the last two years. Just increase ASA dose and move on.

Alright , I'm bull headed.

This past Monday I awoke to chest pain at 2AM. Took some ASA and a dose of my blood pressure meds. No relief so at 6AM drove myself to the ER. After being kept in the waiting area I got rowdy enough they took me to the treatment area and did an EKG,Chest xray.02, CT, blood drawn twice,They told me my cardiac enzymes were sky high. nothing for pain. Sat there shivering in the hospital gown while nurses walked around with light jackets or sweaters on. Six fkn hours. Pain eased off at 12pm and I told them FU and left.

Cardiologist called me at home and I agree to return for cardiac Cath. So they schedueled it for this coming FRIDAY! Wtf?

i a

Last edited by websterparish47; 03/11/21.