Originally Posted by gsganzer
I might just add a word of caution on the aspirin and maybe someone with more medical knowledge can chime in.

Strokes come in two flavors, blockage or bleeder. In the case of blockage (which is probably the majority of strokes), aspirin is a good move. However, in the case of a bleeder (hemorrhage) the aspirin will make it worse.

It might be a moot point though as I believe the damage from a hemorrhage are typically pretty severe and the options to treat it are pretty limited . I lost my dad to a hemorrhage and the doctor said that even if they were in the operating room and ready to do surgery, there's very little chance to have a good outcome.

This is a timely posting as I've been feeling crappy for a while now.

I'll be 55 in July and I made the decision to do a "health intervention" on myself and start making some lifestyle changes. I travel almost weekly and it's really been starting to take a toll on my health since I turned 50 and it's come to a point that is completely unsustainable. I weigh more than I ever have, I'm tired all the time (probably sleep apnea as I now snore like a freight train), I'm not getting near enough exercise and my eating habits need to change.

I had an annual checkup last week (actually been 2 years, because of COVID restrictions) and they started me on blood pressure medicine. I had a burst eye blood vessel a few weeks back that can be an indication of high blood pressure. The doctor recommended a sleep study, but I told them to hold off and we'll see if I feel better when I lose weight.

With my traveling lifestyle, it's hard to have any kind of schedule as my work hours are hard to control. I think I can get a handle on the eating habits, by starting to stay at suites that have kitchenettes, but trying to fit is some exercise is going to be a bit of a chore. Hard to get motivated to exercise when you start your day at 5- 6am and work a 12 hour day.

I'm not telling you what to do but if I were you I'd get that sleep study at the earliest possible time. If you do have sleep apnea a C-pap will do wonders for you.