I went through 4 years of nursing school to get my RN and BSN. They were competitive programs and most of the girls were top students before the program but many didn't seem too bright in it.

I was treated like crap for being a guy quite often. They didn't hate all guys because they sure sucked up to Dr's. but generally weren't interested in guys making the same amount they did. Nursing is a tough job and as a primarily women's profession it's hard for a straight guy to understand the politics and passive aggression. Once I decided I didn't want to be a nurse anesthetist I couldn't get out of nursing and off to MBA school fast enough.

There are many great women working as nurses but there are also some toxic man hating leftist types. Like anything they are not all the same. Nursing deserves a lot of respect but not all nurses do.

When I graduated with my RN the head of my program told me to be careful because nursing is the only profession that eats its own young. I didn't know what he meant until I got my first job and my preceptor did everything she could to sabotage me and set me up for failure. She was an extreme leftist man hater. I hated that job worse than any and I've had some crappy jobs.

Bb