My oldest son lives in the UP, just signed a purchase agreement on a nice piece of property and a house south of the Sault Ste Marie area.

Yoopers are hearty people, they hate the governor and think of themselves as a independent state. They like the packers and will tell you so.

If you like to freshwater fish, the eastern UP is heaven. I grew up in Northern Mi and never knew how good the superior and St Mary's waterway is. I have caught just about every freshwater fish in MI just 40 minutes from his house.

UP has big deer if you move around and find the pockets. I bear hunted on a do it yourself hunt. I had two bear's show up during shooting hours. On camera, bears over 350# on a regular basis.

Our very first grandchild was born on the full blood moon and the coldest night of the year in 2019. She hates a coat even when its cold out.

I hunted in western UP for bear also. I was very impressed with the pretty blond ladies. I expected to see a bunch of toothless hags but I was wrong. the Flemish blood is strong west of Marquette.

I would retire up there in a heartbeat, but the wife says no. I would just go to Florida for a 3-4 months each winter and enjoy the other three seasons.

Wolves are a problem but the locals have ways to deal with them.