Originally Posted by JoeBob
Alright, big deal. Better no cops than what we have now. And by that, I mean cowards who will watch a city and its businesses be burnt to the ground, lives and fortunes destroyed, and do absolutely nothing. Yet, if someone stands up to the mob like in Kenosha, Missouri, or Portland they are slapped down and arrested almost immediately by those same cowards.

Better to have a truly lawless society than one where the law only applies to those who were inclined to mostly abide it anyway. Actually, better a truly lawless society than one where the law is manipulated and used like a weapon against the law abiding while allowing the mob to go unchecked.

Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by MOGC
JoeBob, the cops are in the same shoes as everyone else. If they stand against the mob they are prosecuted, imprisoned and bankrupted. You have such a personal hard on against cops and are throwing some many stones at them that you have built a wall too high to see any reality on the other side.

No, they are not in the same shoes as everyone else. They have the option of quitting, which is exactly what the honorable ones should do. There is no draft for cops.

And if they ignore the mob, they could easily ignore those who defend themselves against it. But, once again, over and over and over they don’t.

Exactly, this “poor me, I’m just a cop caught between a rock and my pension”, is getting old, very old.

Do your job, or quit.

Defunding the police is starting to look better and better.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.