I am doing some charity work on my daughter in laws F150. The vehicle is a 2018 with a 3.5L Eco boost a/t. The engine looks to be going well despite a long list of recalls. The recalls are optional if you have the problem. I would call them redesigns. The one that concerns me is the PVC oil consumption problem. They replace the valve covers and halve of the fuel delivery system to get to the valve covers.

The OEM tires are Hankook and they are total sheit. 30k and they are rough. The pull and ride terrible. These tires should never be specified for a new vehicle.

The brakes have been replaced on all four corners. It is a big accomplishment to have brakes worst that a Jeep Grand Cherokee!

The shocks are shot. The vehicle handles like a manatee in warm water.

The wheel security locks were different on each wheel! It needed four different socket keys! They were replaced with lug nuts. Standard lug nut small size torqued to 150# Something is wrong here. I've never seen a small lug nut torqued that high.

Summary:
This vehicle is serviceable, but it is going to be an expensive vehicle to own. I would take F150 off my buy list.

Last edited by MM879; 04/23/21.