Originally Posted by MM879
I am doing some charity work on my daughter in laws F150. The vehicle is a 2018 with a 3.5L Eco boost a/t. The engine looks to be going well despite a long list of recalls. The recalls are optional if you have the problem. I would call them redesigns. The one that concerns me is the PVC oil consumption problem. They replace the valve covers and halve of the fuel delivery system to get to the valve covers.

Everybody goes on and on about how the Tundra is outdated, has been the same truck essentially since 2007. Needs new technology and luxuries. To heck with that, thats exactly why I bought a 2020 Tundra, because it has been in production essentially since 2007 and hasn't had a bunch of updates. Surely they got the bugs worked out of it by now.... 30k miles on it now and not a problem one (which I'd expect of any vehicle in 30k miles)

Originally Posted by devnull
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Sad story. I will tell you that my brother bought a new Nissan Frontier in 2016. A few months ago he took it in to our local mechanic for an oil change, he had 105,000 miles on the truck. He said "Look at the brakes it must need a brake job." Brother has never had any brake work done on this truck.
The mechanics told my brother that the brakes are fine and don't need work. I didn't know you could go that many miles without a brake job.

I have 150K miles on a 2006 Duramax and have never needed brakes. I don't pull heavy loads often other than firewood in the field stacked as high as I can get it in the bed. I'm at about 40% remaining on the pads.

My 2006 F250 I bought with 40k miles, so I"m going to assume the brakes were original. I changed them last fall before heading out on an elk hunt, just because I felt like I needed to at 180,000 miles. There was still a ton of pad left. Primarily longer highway miles though.