[

I've got the exact same rig - Lariat edition. Brought it in this week for an oil change, tire rotation, and 63 point check up. They said I needed a new air filter and back brakes. GTG on the air filter, but back brakes at 30K? They said the pads were at 2mm and it needed new rotors. Ford mechanic made sure to tell me that changing the brakes is a bit more complicated because of the electronic parking brake. In my experience, the front brakes always go first. Something doesn't sound right to me. Plus, now I'm getting a "clunking" noise when the tranny downshifts and sometimes when I put it into gear. I have 4K miles and 4 months left on the warranty. Sure as I'm sitting here, that trans will go out sometime shortly after one of those deadlines.[/quote].

You obviously need to go to CA by way of WA, and return through Dallas , Atlanta , NY, and Chicago in the next couple months before the warranty expires.

I'm convinced design engineers with no experience in the application (or maybe highly experienced!) lay awake nights thinking crap like this up, then giggling about it over drinks at their conventions.

Last edited by las; 04/23/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.