Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by K1500
Most A/T’s in trucks can be started in 2 in low traction conditions (lookup first gear lockout). In addition, the TC/stability control can be turned off with a button when needed. I’m guessing they saved quite a few wrecks over the years. Many even have throttle mapping settings that can remap the throttle settings when off road or in low traction situations. The Luddite in me likes driving sticks, but they don’t really give an advantage over most newer autos.

Bullshidt. They don't turn off. They do lessen, but the ones I've driven never turn off. I'm sure they are neat and help folks who can't drive. I'd like the option to not have it.

It's like having a semi-auto pistol with a safety that automatically engages every time you pull the trigger. "you can just turn it off"

With most systems is will at least partially reengage when speed exceeds a certain value. If you really want it off you can pull the fuse or even better, run the circuit through a simple toggle switch on your dash. Flip a switch and it’s totally off. I’ve never noticed it to be an issue by simply turning it off with the built in button, but maybe I don’t know what I’m missing.