I get what the OP is saying.

When I get off work I cross the Mississippi River on the I80 bridge to head home. I get on I80 from US67 and the entrance ramp is right at the bridge with about a 100' acceleration lane and absolutely no shoulder for leeway. It's merge at highway speed or perish, and there have been a whole lot of messy accidents there.

Just this morning I was headed home, and although traffic was light, I still punched up to about 75 to merge onto I80. As it turned out there was no traffic in the right lane and I was free and clear.
But the dodge truck that merged behind me couldn't remain behind a subaru. He couldn't accelerate fast enough to pass me until we'd crested the bridge and were headed downhill, but he then went around me back into the right lane and slammed the brakes on in front of me to exit onto Illinois 84 which has an exit ramp that begins on the bridge apron.

And it was a dodge truck this morning but it happens with any sort of vehicle on any given day. Lotta dicks out there driving around

"Chances Will Be Taken"