Originally Posted by CCCC
Someone starts by saying he/she does not understand why other people are offended by his/her use of the F word, and tells them to get over it. The replies are diverse – ranging from it’s OK – it’s nobody’s business – I don't trust or won’t associate with anyone who does not use it – it exposes illiteracy and indicates low class – you should not use it in certain circumstances – nasty habit and shows you have no self-control – it is not Christ-like and indicates sinfulness, etc., etc..

More analytical (maybe) types chose to give rather elaborate interpretation of Scripture (maybe self-serving?) – cite scientific studies claiming that use of the F word indicates superior intellect – say it’s offensiveness is the same as prosperity theology – doesn’t deserve holier than thou judging – explain the difference between cussing and cursing – handy way to be edgy, defy societal norms and attack hypocrisy – those who don’t like it are fake-ass Christians (that is forbidden judging and is cursing according to a definition) – and so forth.

What’s new? Most expect the freedom to say anything they wish. Some wish to offend with speech. Others choose to not listen to vulgarity. Some say it is good for their expression. Some say it denotes low character.

Some say it is none of your business if I use it, but it is my business to put you down you if you don’t like it. Some want to use the “literature” to support it, some want to redefine certain literature for similar reasons. Some who use it seem defensive and need/seek justification. Others see no available justification. Etc.

I do wonder about the intent of the OP and what may have been expected.

Knowing Jack, it was designed to illicit responses that would eventually lead to a summation.

Congrats !

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”