Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by antlers
Thanks for your answer to my previous question. Do you believe that the Old Covenant was conditional (on Israel keeping the Law), and that it was replaced at the cross with a New and better Covenant, one that was cut with the blood of Jesus.....and that this New Covenant is unconditional, and stands by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone...?
So God has voided his contract with Israel? The ever lasting covenant? All the prophets including Jesus lied or were wrong?
I’ve asked my questions above of WhiteTail48, based upon his answer to my previous question. I’m looking forward to his response, especially in light of the thoughtful presentation of his perspective regarding my previous question.

I’m not sure if you’re asking me questions based upon my last questions to him (which he hasn’t yet responded to), or if you’re just making definitive statements of your own perspective in the form of questions.

Regardless, God's New Covenant was cut at Calvary; and unlike the Old Covenant, it was not cut with the blood of goats and bulls; and unlike the Old Covenant, there were no conditions that Israel or anyone else had to meet. God’s New Covenant that He made is an unconditional covenant...a covenant which He purposed to make through the blood of Jesus.

The Old Covenant...which was clearly conditional...required Israel to keep God's Law (which they dismally failed to do), but God’s New Covenant...which is clearly unconditional...requires nothing from Israel or anyone else...except the acceptance of God’s grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone.

WhiteTail48 says that the everlasting covenant is the one that God made with Abraham, and renewed in God’s New Covenant.

Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
The New Covenant is a renewal of God’s covenant with Abraham. ...the language of scripture confirms the eternity of God’s covenant with Abraham. Jeremiah even spoke of the New Covenant when the laws would be written on the hearts of men in Jeremiah 31:31-33 and Hebrews 8:10. This was the same everlasting covenant God promised Abraham in Jeremiah 32:40.
“And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.”
Jeremiah’s prophecy of the renewal of Abraham’s covenant:
—extends salvation to ALL (Hebrews 8:8-13) and
—affects Israel’s restoration to God (Romans 11:26-29)
The Abrahamic covenant was confirmed with the introduction of Christianity. Both covenants (the Abrahamic Covenant and God’s New Covenant) were established on grace through faith. The New Covenant affirms God’s promises to Abraham and his descendants through the generations.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.