Damn! C company here during those 13 weeks of hell I went through at the “church”; lol! Two things I hated the most: 1.). The drill sergeants we had were “weekend warriors” from Flint, Michigan, doing their summer obligation as part of the National Guard; June-August, no less. Because they were not regular Army, they felt they had something to prove to the RA supervisors, and we suffered the results. 2.) These azz holes expected mirror-shined boots and ironed BDU’s every morning, or else pay the price with your hide!!
Oh; and the most excruciating, painful experience was when they made us sit outside all day bare-headed with our peeled noggins all day for instructional “classes” in Georgia sunshine. Needless to say, our bald, sunburned heads blistered and suffered for the next week from those “kettle pot” WW2 era helmets!!
15 mile roadmarch in full “battle-rattle” before graduation was no picnic either; I think I still have scars on my feet from those horrendous blisters on my feet at 52yrs old!!! Ha!

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin