Not a fan of labor unions myself either but in all honesty I have seen at least as much shady stuff during contract negotiations and labor strikes from companies as I have unions. Shady stuff such as provoked confrontations, staged threats and damages to "scab" personal property as propaganda to garner favorable media and public sympathy.

Local company contracted a professional temporary employee service that provided manual labor and security employee temps for labor strikes only. They were a sorry bunch, too. They stole the company blind. They took everything they could carry that wasn't welded down. Management became so concerned they even warned office help and especially women to never tell any of the strike temps any personal info, and before they left the parking lot to always check the interior of their vehicles before entering and make sure they weren't being followed as they left work.

The Captain of the security guards was even busted for selling illegal switchblade knives to the temp workers.