Originally Posted by joken2

Not a fan of labor unions myself either but in all honesty I have seen at least as much shady stuff during contract negotiations and labor strikes from companies as I have unions. Shady stuff such as provoked confrontations, staged threats and damages to "scab" personal property as propaganda to garner favorable media and public sympathy.

Local company contracted a professional temporary employee service that provided manual labor and security employee temps for labor strikes only. They were a sorry bunch, too. They stole the company blind. They took everything they could carry that wasn't welded down. Management became so concerned they even warned office help and especially women to never tell any of the strike temps any personal info, and before they left the parking lot to always check the interior of their vehicles before entering and make sure they weren't being followed as they left work.

The Captain of the security guards was even busted for selling illegal switchblade knives to the temp workers.

THIS

I am a small business owner and a union member. I see both sides of the equation. Been victim to the company who promises the world and delivers nothing. Worked for the criminals who raid the 401K fund and cry about poor profits. Worked for the criminals who fly around in their personal aircraft and want to pay [bleep] wages for quality work under poor conditions with no tooling. Unions have their place, and in my experience they only gain traction when management jackasses abuse the workers. I treat the kid who mows my lawn better than some of these companies treat their folks.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23