Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by GeoW
My point being that pregnancy should have nothing to do with it and should have not been mentioned unless the cop knew.

You appear to value the life of a child much like a Nazi valued the life of a Jew. I, on the other hand, believe that all life is precious and should be made known of it's existence, birthed or not. So by my beliefs and thinking that pregnancy should have close to EVERYTHING to do with it. Where is your compassion? Gone, it appears!

The fact she was pregnant makes this a tragedy, but it wouldn’t be a factor to determine if the officer’s actions were reasonable in terms of criminal liability. The court will only hear the facts that lead up to the use of force.

In this case, he attempts to initiate a traffic stop. She moves her vehicle with emergency flashers on toward the right. The shoulder appears to be narrower than the width of her vehicle. The facts show she didn’t have a safe place to stop. If I were making the stop and she did stop at that location, I would be on the PA telling her to proceed to a safer location. His actions were way overboard in my opinion and he should be charged based on his reckless behavior.

The fact she was pregnant will exacerbate the potential consequences of his recklessness and negligence. This will have it’s value in the civil proceeding.