Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by GeoW
My point being that pregnancy should have nothing to do with it and should have not been mentioned unless the cop knew.

Correct. It would not be within the “totality of circumstances”. That is, unless it’s his love child....

This isn't a court room. The public needs to know that police actions they might approve of if done to certain types of people will also be done to people they would never approve of it being done to, including themselves.

We're not talking legality. We're talking right or wrong and good or evil. That cop was wrong by any reasonable measure even though he is protected by law. He probably even thinks he's doing the right thing and is generally an OK person outside of work. This is evil.

I totally get it. If one of my officers pulled something like this, I wouldn’t care who was in the car, it’s not right and shows an inordinate amount of aggression and piss-poor judgment. I’d do everything in my power to make sure they never wore a badge again.

The totality of circumstances doesn’t just mean the exclusion of facts that weren’t known in order to justify the officer’s actions, it also can show a lack of objective reasonableness to justify their actions. What he did, given what was known at that moment, does not pass the reasonable officer standard.

Doesn't matter, the OP thinks you're a dirtbag just because you wear the blue and a badge.

He's a fugggggin idiot,