One speeding ticket I got was similar but on side streets with no lane to pull over in heavy traffic.

I slowed down, gave a signal, was only driving 30 mph or so. I kept thinking that the police officer may get hit getting out of his car or waling to me because I could not get out of the road. He hit is siren a touch, and I immediately pulled over, turned the engine off, placed the keys on the dash, rolled my window down.

I thought he was going to jerk me out of the car through the window. I told him that we were an extreme traffic hazard on a busy street, and he had to stop talking to me twice to look around for on coming traffic as they tried to navigate around us, with on coming traffic creating a possible head on collision.

He did not give a schitt, I got my ticket, told him to have a nice day and be safe. I hope the guy is still alive. He had already ran my plates prior to the stop, and I had not had a ticket in 10 years, that was 1987..

Moral of the story, don't give a schitt if the cop gets is azz killed if he wants you to pull over in an unsafe place. When they turn the lights on, pull over immediately. If anyone kills the cop, with their vehicle, it their fault not yours.

Obey the police and their signals, they know the risks all too well.