Originally Posted by elkcountry
ChuckKY,

Ivermectin is an approved drug by the FDA. They refuse to recommend it’s use to treat the COV. Their excuse is that it would be used “off label”! Many drugs are used off label. There is a law prohibiting a vaccine if there is a known treatment hence the FDA’s refusal to recommend ivermectin!

Simple as that!

It is approved by the FDA for use in humans as a treatment for parasites, same as animals. I have no problem with people here choosing to go this route, but I'm going to fall back on my personal doctor I have been seeing for years for my health care and follow his advise verses the learned scholars here on the Campfire. Yes, it is just that simple.

"Ivermectin tablets are approved by the FDA to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. In addition, some topical (on the skin) forms of ivermectin are approved to treat external parasites like head lice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.

Some forms of ivermectin are used in animals to prevent heartworm disease and certain internal and external parasites. It’s important to note that these products are different from the ones for people, and safe when used as prescribed for animals, only." FDA