At this point, I know of several people who have been treated with Ivermectin, by physicians, and have recovered from severe cases of covid. I know one person who has self medicated with Ivermectin (he is a rancher and has it for animal use) and is the only member of his family who showed no symptoms though he tested positive for covid. He is 74 and obese.
I know of no one who has suffered any side effects from any of the vaccines. In do not personally know of anyone who has died of covid or even with covid. I know of some who have been hospitalized; one put on a ventilator. The vast majority of people I know, even peripherally, have not contracted covid or been in contact with anyone who has and I suspect this is the situation with most people. A spike in local cases has been concurrent with an increased number of people who have been vaccinated. This may just be coincidental but it may also be due to vaccinated individuals picking up the virus as a result of more interaction with others, then transmitting the virus to others in the community.
We have been lied to so much, it is difficult to believe anything from any source. I guess people just go with what makes them most comfortable. GD