Let me help you put success rates into a context that is easier to understand.... and, any one reading this... feel free to respond with your own numbers....

Lets say that last year... the DOW released 100 bull tags for a given area, for a given season for elk.... and they report that 25 bull tags were filled with branch antlers bulls for a 25% success rate, for that season...,

You might read that and think.... Ya, I can hunt that tag and have a 25% chance of filling my tag. And you would be wrong.... let's do the math....

The DOW released 100 bull tags....

3 tag holders never showed up
7 tag holders showed up, but never sobered up long enough to leave camp...
16 tag holders came well equipped with campers and $3000 rifles that shoot 900 yards... but road hunted the whole week, and their ass never left the seat of their King Ranch pickup...
21 tag holders pulled trailers full of four wheelers and side by sides and set up camp and drove all over hell and gone and to glassing spots over and over all week...
27 tag holders got up early the first two days... were back at camp by noon, and then never left camp after that... and pulled stakes on the afternoon of day 4...

25 tag holders, showed up a little early... scouted just a bit...previously hunted the same area... rolled out of the sac at 315am no matter how sore he was... had really good boots and left early every morning, hiking in the dark... stayed out all day... payed extra attention to his sent controle and wind direction, hiked back to camp in the dark, and killed a average bull after 3-4 days of effort.

1 tag holder, did the same as the previous 25 successful tag holders... saw an average bull in rifle range... but passed on it hoping for a bigger bull... but went the whole week with out connecting with a bigger bull, and end up eating that tag... and was just as happy as the 25 successful hunters...

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.