We visited two weeks ago.
We usually spend a couple days every summer, but last year they had most things shut down because of the scamdemic, so we skipped it.
The trip kinda sprang on me, and I didn’t have time to hunt my books up, and I was pretty miserable with a pinched nerve in my back. Between not having my guides and being crippled up, I just wasn’t firing on all my cylinders. I love to walk around, and we usually go on a ghost walk, but it killed me trying to walk. I more or less just drove around and told her the stories off the top of my head. I’m evidently rubbing off on her, because she loves the place too! smile
Actually, I thought the town itself seemed sorta crowded, and as usual, Little Round Top & Devil’s Den was lousy with people.
General Pickett’s Buffet was closed temporarily, The Avenue Restaurant is now Mia’s House of Noodles, and a large number of people have no clue how to go through a traffic circle! eek For crying out loud, they were two and three cars wide! They scared me, and I used to race on dirt tracks! crazy
Hopefully, we’ll be able to hit it again once the crowds die down and the weather is cooler. Unfortunately this trip wasn’t up to snuff.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden