Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by deflave
The construct of our republic is as close to perfect as any nation could hope. But our country was still very young at the time of the Civil War and there were legitimate disagreements on many issues from both sides.

In the end, the fact that the United States remained united caused our nation to be stronger.

The south was not wrong. The north was not wrong. Both sides had their reasons to fight at the time and it is absurd to question or undermine any American’s choice to fight in that war. Especially given the luxury of hindsight in 2021.

That war was the product of growing pains that were inevitable to occur in a republic like ours. All the men that fought in that war should be revered, and honored. All of them.

The Flave outdid himself here.

No one is gonna top this post.

Not a dam chance.

Some will argue it though.
Because you said their opposition wasn't completely, dead nuts, 1050%, totally, completely WRONG!
And "tupid too!

The vast majority of Civil War conversations are taken part by people that have a preconceived notion about the war.

It ends up being "the books I read are right, the books you read were wrong."

Southerners are the worst about it. Obviously.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house