Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I don't know how they do it now, but back when I was a kid, BASS had state tournaments with local anglers and the one that won their big national tournament, got to go to the BASSMASTER'S CLASSIC and compete with the big boys. I forget who it was, won that one with a Zebco and then went on and competed in the Classic with it.

I think the "romance" is that you can do so much with so little. I was just thinking about the same thing and thinking about cheap scopes that are perfectly serviceable. I killed my first buck with a model 788 Remington that I bought at TG&Y and which came equipped with a 4x Tasco.

I bought my third handgun from TG&Y. Ruger Super Blackhawk. Of course, Mom had to fill out the paperwork. Think I was 16. We had three of them in the town I grew up in. Bought a lot of ammo & fishing lures from them too. And Case Hunting knifes. Got my first pocket knife I paid for there too. A Barlow. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~